What's an ePortfolio?
An ePortfolio is a digital collection of your curricular and co-curricular work. It is a curation of the work you have selected and it showcases who you are as a student and an individual. Reflection is a key component of an effective ePortfolio as evidence of your growth, mindset, and learning. The process of creating an ePortfolio can help you connect with people who have shared interests, goals, and aspirations.
Why make one?
Creating an ePortfolio allows you to easily organize and share the work you’re most proud of. Shape who you are online as you decide what to include in your ePortfolio and how to share it.
- Show off your unique skills to employers
- Connect with others in your field
- Track your VT-shaped experience at Virginia Tech
"How do I sign up?"
Virginia Tech has launched an official Portfolium network. If you would like to learn more, contact our ePortfolio team at email@example.com.
The ePortfolio Team is currently running a pilot this fall. If you are interested in joining the pilot for Spring 2018, please contact the ePortfolio Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After looking at many portfolio systems, we chose to pilot Portfolium because it allows students and professionals to interact with each other and employers in new and exciting ways.
- Feature your best work
- Network with other students at your campus and around the globe
- Connect your work to other social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Market your knowledge and skills to potential employers
- Keep your account and ePortfolio active for free, even after you graduate
- Get up and running in 15 minutes or less
- Integrate with your other online content and web presences